HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just A Quick Update and A Prayer Request

I wanted to let you all know that I am, in fact, still alive and well.

My silence last week was due to a family vacation with Shane's family. We spent the entire week camping at a state park!

It was a good time, but man, oh man, was it HOT. Over 100 degrees for the 6 out of 8 days we were there. Thankfully, while the cabin did not have air conditioning, our camper did.

We are home now, and we are EXHAUSTED! Lukey seems to be running a bit of a fever and I'm working on getting caught up on laundry.

If you are a praying person, would you mind praying for me?

My anxiety has been at an all time high this week. At one point, I was fully convinced that someone was going to break into our camper while we were sleeping, steal my children, and then murder me. It was so bad that I had to call my mother in law at the cabin and ask one of them to come and make sure there wasn't some dark figure hanging around the camper.

I'm also on edge because of Lukey's fever. After a quick trip to the grocery store tonight (in which I didn't bring my phone with me) I was convinced that Shane was going to have to get a hold of me because Luke stopped breathing or something ridiculous.

It's been a rough week for anxiety and have been taking my medication as I need it. This is just one part of me that I am trying to learn to live with since Joshua died. It's a part of my life that I hate. It makes me miserable, and I know it's completely irrational, but I can't control it. :o(

I appreciate your prayers. If I can ever pray for you, please don't hesitate to email or leave a comment!


And on another note, our house now has windows, doors, and a garage door! It's coming right along! next up? Rough plumbing, rough heating and cooling, and rough electrical! I can't wait!!!



5 comments:

Katie said...

I'll really proud of you for being proactive with your anxiety and taking the medication as you need it. I really appreciate your openness about this struggle because I'm fighting my own battle with anxiety. It inspires me to do the same. Always praying for you!

Angela said...

I'm so sorry about the anxiety. Prayers going out for you. Woohoo for doors and windows!!!

The Fun Sized Writer said...

Praying for you! I hope Luke's fever goes away..

Beth said...

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." Psalm 34:7

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken." Psalm 34:17-20

Pray the scriptures, sister, and claim everyone of them. Praying for you all. Luke is too cute!!! I love it!

Auntie M said...

Praying for you always, my dear!
Perhaps you were an intrepid camper prior to Joshua, but when I saw your post on FB about your "irrational fear" of someone breaking in, while I could agree that, yes, it was probably irrational, I probably would have been freaking out to. The idea of camping, overnight, in the wilderness, in the dark, away from people, just plain scares me--in a completely irrational way, I'm sure. So I can totally get how your anxiety would be "upped." And how it would take a while to bring it back into control after it spins out of control. But, I think you are very brave to share about it and ask for prayer: that's part of the battle won right there--speaking out against it, bringing it into the light, instead of letting it grow bigger in silence and darkness.
Praying for you while being proud of you!

And praying for little Luke too.

And excited about your house!

Much love!

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission