HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Such hope!

I received an email today from a 20 year old HLHS survivor. His email left me with such hope and encouragement for Joshua. He has lived a normal and healthy life, and is even planning on going to med school after he is finished with his undergrad degree. I am simply in awe of the hope that a single email can give me.

I am so thankful for the many people, heart families and non heart families, who have come along side us to support us and walk with us through this journey. We have been beyond blessed as a family to have so many who care and are willing to get their hands dirty with their support for us.

As time is coming closer, and Joshua is getting bigger and bigger, I'm starting to get extremely nervous about his arrival. But, it's the small things, like God sent emails, that keep me going.

I realize we still have such a long and hard road ahead of us, but I also realize that God will give us the strength to endure it. And when we don't feel like we have the strength to go on, He will provide others to help get us back on our feet.

3 comments:

kirsten said...

That's so awesome!! I'm glad you were able to connect with someone else who has lived through what little Joshua has. It's so important to see and know these stories: that a normal life is possible, that despite how difficult this journey is and will be, that there can be such an amazing and positive outcome. So happy for you!!

Stefenie said...

Stories from survivors give parents like us so much hope. Glad that you were able to make that connection!

Jen said...

That is awesome! When I was pregnant we had no one who we could look to to offer hope- of course our friends and family, but it was before the "blog world" and I had no connections to other heart families. It is painfully lonely! So I am so glad you have found people to support you- it is so important.

Praying for you more and more as the time draws near... :)

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission