HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Dad's Jambalaya

A few months before my dad got sick, he called me with a recipe that he "created" and wanted to share.

I'm so glad that he did, because it is DELICIOUS.

I wanted to share it with you all.

What you need:
2 pkgs of Hillshire Farm Kielbasa
3 peppers- Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Green Pepper
2 1/2- 3 cups of instant brown rice (or white rice)

How to make it:
Chop the peppers into small pieces or slices and throw into a large skillet.
Slice the Kielbasa and add to the peppers.

Cook both the pepper and Kielbasa on medium heat until the peppers are soft and a thick syrup has formed from the peppers and sausage drippings.

While cooking the peppers and Kielbasa, cook the rice according to package directions- (typically 1 cup of water to one cup of rice.)

Once peppers and Kielbasa are tender, add rice and serve.

Serves: 8

YUM!


No comments:

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission