HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Still Got It Goin' On.....sorta....

This afternoon, I took the kids (ages 3 and 5) to Burger King for lunch. We ordered our food and sat down at one of the only tables available in their dining area.

An elderly man sat at the table next to us. He was by himself and began talking to us, asking how old my children are and complimenting me on how well behaved they are in public (HA!).

He then proceeded to tell me that his wife has been gone for over 15 years old and that he doesn't have any grandchildren. He continued to admire how "cute" my children are and carried on about how he wishes that he had little ones running around.

He told me about his daughter who is 52 years old, and he also told me that he has dated many women who had grandchildren, but none of them were the right fit for him.

He seemed sweet and just seemed like he genuinely wanted to just talk to someone, which I am always up for meeting new people and chatting with complete strangers. However, the next words out of his mouth shocked me and almost left me speechless. 
"I'm 81 years old. It's too much of a jump for me to go from a father to a grandfather or even a great grandfather. I'm happy just being a father. Do your children have a father? I would love to take you out on a date sometime."

I'm not kidding. I can't make this stuff up!

The poor old man asked me out on a date while I was trying to simply enjoy a meal with my children. (by the way, I am visibly pregnant and also have my wedding rings on my fingers. )

I fumbled through some sort of awkward response to his proposal, and quickly packed the kids up and tried to get out of there as quickly as I could (mostly because at that point, my face was beet red and I didn't quite know how to respond.)

I can't remember the last time I was hit on (by someone other than my husband.) I don't know if I should be flattered by his proposal or if I should be slightly depressed by it! I guess I still (sorta) got it going on...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo hot mama!! ;)

Steffani said...

Hahaha! I love it!

westmetromommy said...

That is fabulous! I know...it was awkward and embarrassing when it happened, but now that it is in the past you can bask in your hotness!

Chris, Diana, Elena, and Sadie said...

Yep, yep. You still got it, you hot mama!!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

That's actually kinda cute!

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission