HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Remembering Joshua

Today is exactly one month since Joshua took his last breath.

My emotions are too raw to write out right now, so instead, I want to share with you how Joshua is being honored and remembered in complete stranger's lives.

This is Ellie.



She is a college student who is participating in a heart walk with her roommate who is a CHD survivor and a mother of a CHD child.

She sent me a picture through twitter yesterday that made me weep.


These amazing women are walking in a heart walk, and honoring Joshua, Ewan, and Cohen by wearing their names on their shirts and releasing heart shaped balloons in their honor.

Have I mentioned that these women are complete strangers?

I am humbled and honored that these ladies would remember my sweet baby. I want nothing more than for his life to be remembered, and these ladies are doing just that.

What a powerful gesture.

Thank you for remembering my son.




7 comments:

Lauren said...

How wonderful!!! :) That warms my heart.

Heather said...

Jill ~ I found your blog through Kirsten's "Team Ewan" blog. I am not a CHD mom and I do not personally know anyone with a CHD child, but my heart goes out to both of you in your journey's as CHD parents. I can't imagine what you are enduring, but I can tell you that your children are touching hearts across the USA and this post continues to prove just that. My love, heart and support go out to you amazing women ~ strangers, yet to me you have become inspirations and "cyber friends". I have learned so much from your blogs. Your faith is amazing. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day and I will say an extra prayer today in hopes of giving you some additional strength to get through this day. God bless you and Kirsten and all the other CHD parents and children. Thank you for sharing your story and your life. Your "cyber-friend" ~ Heather

Wyatt's Mommie said...

That is so very wonderful. Thinking of you and your family!! <3

Peach said...

How awesome! Take some time for yourself today Momma, to just be with God an heal a little more.

Still praying,
Peach and Drummer

Beth W. said...

Remembering and praying for all of you, Jill. Love and peace in Christ.

Elli said...

Jill,
I feel so honored that you decided to share about us on your blog. When Laura and I came up with the design for the shirts we thought it would be perfect to remember and honor the lives of some of the littlest ones this monster that is CHD has taken this year.
Thank you for posting about us. It just shows a small piece of how many people your sons life touched.
Elli

Jim Gawne said...

Dear Jill - I am Elli's dad. I have been so blessed in my life with my children and grandchildren. I cannot possibly imagine what you and your family are experiencing, but please know that you will all be in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your baby boy with the world.

Jim Gawne

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission