HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Monday, September 6, 2010

Comfort

I'm back in Joshua's room in the NICU after a great but crazy weekend with Shane and the kids.

As I sit here, I'm amazed at how comforting this room is to me.

Is it the fact that Joshua is doing so well here? Is it the quiet hum of the air return? Is it the warm 75 degree air? What is it about this room that is so comforting? Maybe it's because this is the place that I have met God so many times over the past week? I'm not sure.

I'm at peace this morning. No nightmares last night. Thankfully. I'm watching my sweet baby sleep, waiting to nurse, looking through pictures.

So thankful to God for His hand of protection on my family as they traveled home. So thankful to God for His peace. So thankful for the Holy Spirit who reminds me that everything is going to be OK. So thankful for God's promise of eternity with Him through Jesus Christ- no heart defects, no pain, no worries.

Surprisingly, I find comfort in this room and in this place.


6 comments:

kirsten said...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

These words are especially hard for me right now: in light of the NICU, in light of babies with severe heart defects, in light of the battle you and your family are fighting right now. I want to say, "Rejoice? Don't be anxious?" HA!! Good one, Paul.

But I think God is especially near to these places, that the Holy Spirit hovers thick -- getting closer than all the tubes and wires, with better and more intimate knowledge than nurses or machines. And I know He's watching over Joshua, and over you, and over Shane and Caleb and Hannah.

Bless you all. May Joshua pack on the ounces, and may you all be home soon.

Jill said...

That verse actually popped into my head this morning as I was typing it. Thanks for posting it! :o)

I still love Joshua 1:9 (which Joshua was named after) "have I not COMMANDED you? Do not be afraid, do not be discouarged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." It doesn't say, Have I not reminded you, or Have I not said to you...it says Have I not COMMANDED you....woah...i guess maybe we shouldn't be afraid because God says not to....easier said than done though huh?

HennHouse said...

Wow.... the comments on this post are as fabulous as the post itself.

Thank you for inviting us along on your journey.

We'll keep praying.

Shannon said...

Peace and comfort...an absolute answered prayer! :)

Anonymous said...

May God's richest peace continue to clothe and comfort you. Praying for continued healing and joy in the coming days.

melissa

Stefenie said...

I know...it is strange that you find comfort in your child's hospital room but it is so very true. You do. I think it is a combination of feeling God's loving presence in some very tough moments and also the presence of the mighty angles he placed in that very hospital to care for him as well.

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission