HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Monday, August 2, 2010

Shane

I'm asking my praying friends for some prayer.

Shane has been my rock from the time of the kitchen fire at 10 weeks, the hemorrhage at 11 weeks, and the HLHS diagnosis at 22 weeks. He has been strong when I thought I could no longer go on. He has carried our family in ways that make me think know he is a real life super hero.

Yesterday he opened up to me. Told me that he's struggling. Without getting into details, I'm asking for you guys to pray for him. I admire the fact that he was able to open up to me and tell me what he was really feeling. He has been so strong through all of this. And now it's time for me, and you, to wrap our arms around him and support him with love and prayer.

If any of your husbands have facebook, and would be willing to reach out to Shane he can be found on facebook under Shane Haskins. I know having some fathers who have been there done that, would be a great source of strength for him.


6 comments:

Stefenie said...

Poor guy! MY hubby is the same way. He is soooo strong 99.9% of the time but every once in a while it all comes out. He admits that he is afraid and worried. All you can do is just be there for them when they finally let it out.

My hubby doesn't have FB Jill but if he needs someone to talk to he is more than welcome to e-mail my hubby at jacks_rswl@mepotelco.net

Jill said...

thanks stefenie. I'll give him the email address! :o)

Jen said...

Mine, too! I think it is so hard for our guys because they feel the need to be strong for us, yet they are worried and hurting too. They need to let it out and voice how they are feeling, I's so glad Shane was able to open up to you about his feelings. That is so important.

I know my hubs would be happy to email with him as well- jenandcraig@q.com.

Praying for you!
Jen

kirsten said...

Praying for you all!!

carlasue476 said...

We don't have a heart baby, as you know, but we have had our share of troubles. Shane is always welcome to reach out to Jose anytime. If you want his cell number, I'll text it to you. And, of course, I'm praying...

The Cox Family said...

This is such a hard road and I'm so proud of you guys and the strength you have together. I'm so happy that Shane opened up to you. I've seen many families go down a similar path and come out broken. And I've seen many families go down a similar path and come out stronger. I think the glue that keeps so many of them together is their faith and trust in God. I'm praying for you guys. You and I know what will help you through this and we are calling on His healing power. Not just for Joshua, but for your family and marriage.

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission