HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Saturday, July 31, 2010

6 Years Ago

Dear Shane,

It's so hard to believe that 6 years ago today we stood before God, our family, and our friends to commit our lives to each other. We read our vows and promised to be there through thick and thin. We promised to love and honor, cherish and obey.

It's amazing to me to look back at that day. That day we vowed to be together through thick and thin. I don't know about you, but I don't think I really even knew what that meant. Don't get me wrong. I made that promise, and it's still good, but I had no idea what our life was going to be like over the next 6 years.

These 6 years could not have been any more amazing. They also could not have been any more terrifying. We have gone through so much in our short time together. We have dealt with financial struggles, faith issues, family fights, job loss, deaths, birth of children, purchasing a home, college graduation, and most recently the grief process that goes along with a devastating diagnosis for one of our children. But through it all, you have been my rock. You have been my source of strength, passion, and desire. You have stuck by my side when I didn't think anyone would. You have loved me in a way that makes me whole, complete, and secure. You have been a true example of what a Godly husband should be.

Here we are. 6 years later. About to start the next terrifying chapter of our lives, welcoming the arrival of our 3rd and probably final baby. A baby who will have some very severe and real special needs. It's no coincidence that as we are entering our next year of marriage, we are also beginning this next chapter. It gives me such comfort and strength knowing that you are there with me, by my side, loving me and our children without limitation, supporting us with your strength and your will to keep our family strong.
You, Shane, are an amazing man, father, and husband. Your patience is inspiring, your emotional strength incomprehensible to me, and your love is unconditional in the truest and purest form. I often times feel like I don't deserve your love and honor. The fact that you chose me as your wife is a true reflection of God's goodness and love.

I love you with all of my heart, soul, and mind. We have come so far in the past 6 years, and while I know life is not going to get any easier anytime soon, I thank God every second of the day that He brought us together to travel this sometimes bumpy and twisted road together.

I love you from the deepest depths of my heart, Shane. Happy Anniversary.



1 comment:

Stefenie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission