HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Monday, June 14, 2010

"Mama, I love Joshua."

So, we had some friends from our hometown come for a visit last Friday. Friends from high school and from childhood. We all felt like old fogies because there were 6 adults (3 total married couples) and 5 children under the age of 4. 2 of those children were just tiny little babies!

It was a great time catching up with friends that we haven't seen in a long time and seeing how their families interact. Makes me feel so old that all of my friends are married with kids! Love it!

Caleb was the sweetest to watch though (at least in my opinion!). He wanted to hold the tiny babies over and over. (Sorry Liz for Caleb calling Claire "That pink guy over there!")  He kept saying, "this is what Joshua is going to be like. He's going to be so tiny! I love Joshua!" He also made sure that everyone in the room knows that Joshua has a broken heart, but that God is going to fix it.

Watching Caleb interact with the babies made my heart so full. He has such a caring and kind spirit. (when he's not demanding that I make him breakfast or get him a snack!) He just wanted to snuggle with those babies and hold them and love them. After they left, he said to me "Mama, I'm so excited for Joshua to be born- even if he has a broken heart, I still love him."

I hope both he and Hannah always feel that way towards Joshua. I'm amazed at the unconditional love they have for him already.

If you ask me, I think Joshua is one lucky little baby. He's coming into a world of people who love him more than anything, especially his big brother and big sister!



2 comments:

Molly Alisa Photography said...

Soooo sweet Jill! I'm so excited for your family!

The Cox Family said...

Awww, how precious! It's still awesome for me to see my two boys interact. They really do love eachother so much!

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission