HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Busy Changes

Things have been busy this week. I've been sick, trying to avoid going to the doctor for it. On top of that it's been 90 degrees everyday. When you are pregnant, sick and hot, it makes for one miserable mama!

Thank goodness for the baby pool, slip and slide, and sprinkler to keep the kids entertained! :o)

There are some more changes coming our way- you know, on top of the addition of a new baby- as if that wasn't enough. Some of them financial, some of them with jobs, some of them with Caleb and Hannah. Sometimes I feel like we are going at 100 miles an hour and have no breaks to stop us. It's good, but it's exhausting. It just seems like everything comes at once and floods our lives.

I've been struggling to be ok with some of the changes- especially to jobs. That one is getting to me, but it is a continuous process of giving it to God....over...and over....and over...and over....that's all I can do. Worrying or stressing or anger does no good. I just have to trust in God's plans and know that I don't have to understand them.

I'm also struggling with asking for help. There are some big things that are going to be happening soon that I need help with, but my pride is getting in the way. We have been humbled over and over within the past few weeks, and my mind just wants to be able to do things on my own without help, yet my heart tells me to just suck it up and ask for help. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, add extra stress to their lives because our lives tend to be somehwhat chaotic. Once again, something I need to continue to give up to God daily hourly.

We are going on vacation with Shane's family next weekend (all expenses paid by his mom!). We are soooooo looking forward to it. I'm hoping it's the break from real life that I we so desperately need. It will be nice to spend some quality time away from home with the kids. No dishes, laundry, chores, or work to tie us down for 4 full days. Just us, the kids, and fun! :o)

2 comments:

Leah said...

What can I do? please ask/tell me waht I can do.

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I am not sure where I read it probably facebook. But a request went out to pray for baby Joshua. I did a few times, but now knowing that this is on of my little Kidstuf preschool group kids little sibling I will remember even more. I am the small group leader Heather. Your blog is beautiful.

Have a good vacation. Heather

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission