HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekends Alone

For those of you that don't know, Shane is the assistant store manager of a local lumber company.  I am beyond thankful for Shane's decently well paying job (considering no college degree). He works close to home (about 2 minutes away) and compared to the previous retail jobs he has worked, he gets home very early. Nothing at all to complain about. Promise!

And while his job is amazing, the only thing that makes for long days, for me at least, is that he works every other weekend. Now that I have both of my jobs through the church somewhat under control, I get the privilege of keeping the babies home with me most Monday's and Friday's (When I don't get calls to sub- which lately has not been happening a whole lot.). I love love love being home with them.

But man oh man, I'll tell you what. For as much as I love being home with the kids, I was not made to be a stay at home mom. GASP!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!  I know...I'm horrible....I need adult interaction. I need to be out of the hosue and away from little kids books, cartoons, silly songs, playdough, painting, cutting, glueing, playing cars and babies, and the mess. By Monday, I could not be more ready to send them to daycare and go off to my little job out of the house. For those of you who read this and are stay at home mommies- kudos to you! You have my respect!

So this weekend, Shane is working. And I'm counting down the days until I go back to work- T minus 3 days. And all the while I enjoy being home, spending time with the kids, and playing their silly games, cooking their lunches, and reading them books.

No comments:

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission