HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Thursday, December 31, 2009

This year in review

January: Began the 2nd half of my first year as a classroom teacher. I taught 2nd grade. It was a lot of work, but I loved it. This was also the month that I started Weight Watchers and lost approximately 40 pounds! (over the next few months of course!)

February: Mr. Caleb Man turned 3 years old! We celebrated with a dinosaur cake and lots of friends and family.

March: Shane turned 27! Whoa. When did I get married to an old man?! haha! We also found that the cyst on my right ovary had turned solid. This began the long process of discovering what the tumor was.

April: After all sorts of tests on the tumor on my ovary, the doctors finally decided to remove the tumor, ovary, and tube on April 13th. I was off school for the rest of the school year.

May: Little Miss Hannah Girl turned 1! We celebrated with a Strawberry Shortcake theme. It was a combined birthday with a family from church who had a little boy who was turning 2! We celebrated outside on the 33 acres of property of our church. Chilly but fun!

June: Began my long and relentless job search. Those were dark and trying times. The song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller became my life's theme song. My parents also moved into their new house this month!

July: Shane and I celebrated 5 amazing years of marriage so far! We went on a weekend long camping trip that included a 13 mile kayak trip down the Pigeon River. It was an amazing weekend! Hannah started spoon feeding herself this month. Caleb had his first dentist appointment. I had a garage sale at my house that made us almost $700! Woot Woot! Finally, my brother dearest, Tom, graduated from Ball State with a degree in Accounting. I'm so proud of him!

August: God had finished preparing the perfect job for me. I became the director of Shepherd's Closet and although things have been tough, I'm right where I need to be. Also started Children's Ministry.

September: Started subbing. Had the worst bladder infection of my life! (sorry, it's probably TMI!) Ran my first 4 mile race. Thankfully was not even close to being that last person. It was fun in a sort of sick way!

October: My sister in law had her twins, Carson and Mason! Just the cutest little things ever! My dad was laid off of his job that he relocated to Huntington for. We lost all sense of stability as we tried to figure out what to do next with finances. Trick or treating was fun: Caleb was Superman, and Hannah was a ladybug!

November: The month of sickness and puking. Both the kids were sick this month, and ever so graciously passed it onto me! Celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents house and ate waaaaaaay too much!

December: I turned 26 this month which prompted me to check for wrinkles, gray hairs, and sagging. I only have 1 of the 3! I'll leave your guesses up to you! haha! Celebrated Christmas with both our families and made out pretty darn good! Things finally started to work out in our favor financially. Things are still not great, but they are getting better. God had a way of providing at the last minute (like always!) We are looking forward to the new year!

What were some of the highlights of past year for you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't remember what I did last week let alone to categorize the year by month. Kudo's to you!

Anonymous said...

you forgot everything about your brother... me being mr. anonymous would like to here more about him

Jill said...

Brother dearest? you are actually reading my blog?! how sweet!!!!

Jill said...

Tom, check out July's summary! :o)

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission