HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Thursday, October 7, 2010

intactivism

I have learned of a new awareness community that has made itself known in my life shortly after Joshua's death. I didn't know such a community existed, but then they reared their ugly head at me and took Joshua's story and used it to their advantage.

I will admit that I am human, and that I was extremely angry hurt that a group of people would blame Joshua's death on me. I was shocked to learn that someone stole my pictures and was spreading lies about our family all over facebook and twitter. I also was quite devestated that Joshua was turned into a martyr for a movement that I had never even heard of. I was mortified to hear that they were staging a rally and protest against my family and the hospital that gave Joshua the best care he could have possibly recieved. Who does that to a family who is morning the death of their son?

As I not only try to figure out where to go from here in regards to losing my son, I also now have to figure out where to go from here to address the intactivists.

Here is what I want to tell you.

I am thankful for the intactivists.
~There have been quite a few women from the movement that have shaired in our grief and who have defended us. I am thankful that, although we don't necessarily agree, they also have reached out to me as a mother and have offered support, love, and prayers.
~These accusations have brought more people to my blog who can hear about the Hope that we have in Jesus Christ. My heart beats to share His love with anyone who is willing to listen. And if Joshua's skewed story of death gets them here, then so be it. I don't necessarily like it, but I also know that I have a powerful tool at my fingertips to share the Love of Christ.
~Although I don't like that pictures were stolen from my page, rumors have spread, and accusations were made that were simply not true, I am chosing to love, pray for, and offer grace and forgiveness. That does not mean that I am a door mat and will take abuse- if I have to contact authorities, shut down my blog, or step back for a while, I will do what I need to do to protect my family. But, my God is a God of love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness, and I cannot call myself a follower of Him if I cannot offer those same things to the people who accuse me.

No matter what your accusations, thoughts, and beliefs are, I want you to know one thing. I loved Joshua with my entire being. He was my life for the precious 7 weeks he was alive. I do not regret any decision I made, because at the time I made it, it was the right one.

I am not going to address this issue again. I will also say that any nasty comments left, will be deleted. This is my space here and if I don't want nasty comments, I don't have to have them. In fact, I'm going to turn comments off on this post.

And for those of you intactivists who have reached out in love, thank you. Thank you for loving me and my sweet Joshua. Thank you for making your beliefs known but doing so out of love. That is how you will make a difference in this world- by love, and not hate.


 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission