HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Friday, March 14, 2014

Everlasting Memories Cremation Memorial Keepsake Review

About a month ago, I received an email from a respresentitive from Everlasting Memories. They found my blog and wanted to offer a free cremation memory keepsake in return for a review here on my blog.

After thinking about it, I realized that Shane's birthday would be coming up. He has been diving a little deeper into his grief, and has been reprocessing some of his feelings regarding the loss of Joshua, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to give him a gift that would allow him to have a piece of Joshua with him at all times.

After looking through the website and deciding what Shane might like,  and then after a few emails back and forth with the amazing and super helpful customer service representative, I had the "cremation chamber" in hand within 24 hours of ordering it.

When I opened the package and held the keychain urn in my hand, I must say that it exceeded my expectations in quality. In looking through the website, I wasn't sure what to expect. The pictures and the overall look of the site, in my opinion, make the jewlery and urns look somewhat low end and cheap. However, that could not be further from the truth. Here are a couple pictures of what we received.

This is the box that the keychain came in.
It also included an instruction sheet,
 a bottle of super glue gel to seal the chamber,
 and a funnel and stick to help push the cremains through the funnel into the chamber.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and sturdiness of the keychain and chamber.
The chamber is stainless steel and the keychain has a polished beautiful finish. 

I was most impressed with the weight of the chamber.
It was heavy and study in my hand,
but not too heavy or overbearing for a keychain. 

I was able to have Joshua's name engraved into the side. It's hard to see in this picture,
the engraving is very subtle and beautiful.


I waited until today to give the keychain to Shane. Today, he turned 32. I wasn't sure if he was going to be super excited about an urn for his baby's ashes as a birthday present, but I wanted to give him something special and meaningful, so I took the risk. At first, when I told him that I wasn't sure if he was going to like it, he looked at me like he was scared. Sometimes my gift giving abilities are hit and miss! HA!

However, when he opened the box, I could see the look of surprise on his face. He said it was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have given him in a long time. He told me that he has been thinking about buying something to keep a little bit of Joshua's ashes with him, but he didn't know where to even look for something like this. I told him about Everlasting Memories and how great they were to work with. He agreed that the quality, look, and feel of the keychain was exactly what he wanted! WIN!!!! ;)

I helped him fill the urn with some of Joshua's ashes. Here are some pictures.

Our first attempt at filling the chamber.
Some of the pieces of the cremains were too big for the funnel shaft. 

The funnel did not work for the cremains so instead,
we poured some of the ash into the chamber using the top of the funnel. 

The chamber has been filled with ash. 

I wanted to show you how small the shaft of the funnel was compared to some of the pieces of ash.
I've never seen ash before Joshua's
 so I'm not sure if it typically has this many large pieces,
but the funnel did not work for us because of the size of the pieces.

Again, Shane and I were pleasantly surprised with the quality and sturdiness of the keychain. After it was filled, we placed a few drops of the super glue onto the thread of the chamber and attached the lid to seal it. We attached the keychain to Shane's keys, and now he will always have a part of Joshua with him.




Thank you so much, Hallie and Everlasting Memories for allowing me the opportunity to receive a keepsake for my husband in exchange for a review. I will definitely be recommending Everlasting Memories to bereaved families in need of an urn or some sort of keepsake to help them remember their loved one.



 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission