HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Capture Your Grief Day 10: Beliefs



2 Samuel 12:15-23

When King David's son became sick, David fasted, prayed, and wept on behalf of his son. He begged God for repentance of his sin (in this case, it was because of David's sin that brought death to his son) and for his son's life to be spared. However, when David's son died, David got up and worshiped, and was at peace. David's servants were confused by the change in his attitude and asked him what was going on. David replied, "I shall go to him, but he will not return to me." (2 Samuel, 12:23) This is an indicator that when a child dies, his or her family will be reunited with them once again. 
 
I believe this reunification is only because of the price that Jesus paid for our sins. I believe he died on the cross for our sins. I believe that on the 3rd day, he rose again and is seated next to God in Heaven. I believe it is only because of this unfathomable sacrifice, that I can spend eternity in Heaven worshiping God my creator. Nothing I can do or say will get me there. I am so undeserving of eternity in Heaven. I will never be able to comprehend the magnitude of Jesus' sacrifice for someone like me, therefore I spend my life trying to live like he lived because of my love for Him. 

No comments:

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission