HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rollin', Sittin', and Tube-in'

Mr. Lukey is the master of some new tricks lately!

Why, yes! Yes, I did make that green blanket! Thank you for noticing! :o)


Not only is he sporting a couple bottom teeth, he is now an expert in rolling over (and getting stuck!).

He is rolling from back to tummy, but has yet to discover how to get back TO his tummy.

I love this stage, but I would be lying if I said I didn't get tired of having to flip him over every 2 seconds because he's angry that he's on his belly! :o)

He's also working on sitting up.

Woah, Mom! What is going on?!?!


He can sit for 20-30 seconds at a time and then falls over.

It's hilarious to watch him fall like a chopped down tree- no arms reaching out to catch his fall- he just topples over and looks confused!

Also, this past Monday, poor little man became the recipient of a brand new pair of shiny little tubes for his ears. Poor fellow has had multiple ear infections since birth and we were finally referred to an ENT. The doctor told us that she thought his hearing was severely impaired due to the amount of fluid that was in his ears. Thankfully everything went perfectly and he seems to be feeling and hearing much better!


When Caleb and Hannah were babies, I was working outside the home. While I experienced their growth, I never really saw the daily changes like I get to see with Lukey. Being able to experience and care for Lukey (and Caleb and Hannah too!) is another precious gift that Joshua gave to our family.

While there are some days that I just want to pull my hair out in frustration or go up to bed at an insanely early hour, I don't take a second of my children's lives for granted. With each milestone, each new sound, each new stage, my heart is reminded of the baby that we never got to experience these things with.

But the healing is evident. Luke brings me such joy. I needed him. I need all 3 of my (living) children. If it weren't for them, I'm not sure where or who I would be!

And just for good measure, look at these two handsome brutes!



Oh how they make my heart happy!







5 comments:

Auntie M said...

Lukey is getting so big and has so many new tricks! I hope the ear tube help keep him healthy and happy!
And I still cannot get over how much Caleb and Luke look alike! Even with the age differences!!

leah said...

Wow how I miss you guys! Luke is getting SO big now. And Caleb too! I'm so sad that I wasn't able to help out on Monday but so glad that all went well for Luke. Love you ALL!

leah said...

WOW how I miss you guys! Luke is getting SO big! And Caleb too! I was so sad that I wasn't able to help on Monday, but so happy everything went well for Luke and his shiny new tubes. Love you Guys!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable. Love these pics and stories.

Anonymous said...

He's adorable! Love these pics.

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission