HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole

It's been a while since I've posted any recipes.

Our family loves stuffed green peppers, however, the kids don't really care for the pepper part. For them, the thought of eating a whole pepper kinda grosses them out.

I've found a way to get the same great taste as a regular stuffed green pepper, but make it a little more kid friendly. (You know, much less in your face, forced vegetable eating!)

Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole:

What you need:

3 -4 large green peppers
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce (you could use spaghetti or pizza sauce as well)
2 cups of instant rice (we use brown whole grain rice)
1 1/2 pounds of ground sirloin (or chuck or whatever kind want to use)
salt and pepper
Mozzarella Cheese


How to make it:

Brown the ground sirloin.

Chop the green pepper into bite size pieces. (I have a chop wizard that makes my chopping SO easy! seriously, go check it out!)

Boil the green peppers for 8-10 minutes and drain.

Cook rice according to directions on box.

Once the meat is browned, drain any remaining grease and mix in the entire can of tomato sauce.You can also add salt and pepper to taste.

Stir in rice and green peppers and pour mixture into a casserole dish.

Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbly.

Enjoy!!!




3 comments:

BlessedMommy said...

I'm printing this one out! I love stuffed peppers but seldom make them because I find it to be a pain. I like this way much better!!!

Lisa Marie said...

Excellent idea! I myself can't stand to eat the peppers but love the taste of stuffed peppers so this sounds like a perfect solution. Thx for sharing :)

DLavina said...

Tried this last night! DELICIOUS! Thank you : )

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission