HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Monday, August 22, 2011

Remembering Joshua

From August 16, to October 6, I am going to be featuring some letters that friends and family have written in memory of Joshua.

Joshua was our son, but we shared him with the world.

It only seemed appropriate to include others who fell in love with our sweet child in our quest to remember and honor him.

If you would like to have a letter or note featured her in my blog, please email me at jillhaskins1@yahoo.com. You don't have to be eloquent or have the perfect words to say. This space is ours. A place to remember, love, and grieve. For more information about this, click HERE.

The first letter that I'm going to feature is from a stranger, turned dear friend. I have called her in the middle of church bawling my eyes out. We have never met, but I consider her a close friend and an amazing support.

Thank you Tammie, for your words.

Oh, sweet Joshua…where do I even begin? 

Your mommy has become such a dear, sweet friend of mine. We were brought together only after your, much too soon passing. I often wonder what it is like for you, sitting on Jesus’ knee and looking down at all the love below you. I know that you can feel your mommy’s, daddy’s, Caleb’s, Hannah’s and soon to be Luke’s love for you. You are such a bright spot for them, even in your absence, you continue to shine on your family.

I think you are beginning to bring them joy now, and not as much sadness. I know that the sadness will never go away, but I do know that more smiles replace the tears and that is a good thing. 

I feel so very blessed to be a part of your family from afar. Distance knows no limits of love, and Joshua, I do love your family! I pray for them and for you always. I can’t wait for the day when I actually get to sit down and share a Starbucks with your mommy and just laugh and cry over everything there is to talk about. 

Joshua, I can only imagine how much fun you are having in Heaven and although it isn’t for us to question “why”….we still do. 

But most importantly, thank you for sharing the love and bringing together a community both near and far, that only a sweet little boy of 51 most precious and blessed days can share with everyone around him, those who knew him and those who didn’t.

Bless you, and Happy Birthday sweet Joshua!

1 comment:

Damien's Mom said...

What a wonderful letter! Tammie you are a wonderful friend. Josh truly has the hearts of many people. I wish the best for your family Jill! As I read your posts daily I see you healing everyday. There are days when I read these and I cry with you, and then there are days I read and also laugh with you.
Meredith

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission