HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Phone Call

The phone rings:

"Good Morning Mrs. Haskins. My name is **** from ***** health insurance. We are calling because we believe your son, Joshua, will qualify for some extra insurance that our company can offer to help cover some of the cost of his medical expenses. Do you have a few moments?"

Kill me. I know they had no way of knowing...but come on....it's been almost a year....

In other news, we registered Caleb for Kindergarten today. I can't believe that my baby boy is going to Kindergarten in less than a month! Where has the time gone?
How do you prepare your little ones for Kindergarten? I think I'm probably more freaked out about it than he is! I guess the better question is how do YOU prepare to send your kids to Kindergarten for the first time?!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Jill, I truly believe it's harder on Mom than the kids! He will love it!

Mellow said...

Years ago, when Alli started kindergarten, she was excited, I was apprehensive...of course the first day of school was a little tearful for me. When we went to pick her up, she WOULD NOT LEAVE!! I mean hiding in the closet kind of protest. She didn't get to do all the things she wanted to do, including going down the slide and gave me a look of, "not you again, already" :) Gave me a good laugh.

He will be fine, and you will shed a tear, then everyone will get it out of their system. Hang in there, and cherish every moment!

Kay said...

As a veteran mom (old), as well as an educator, here are some of my recommendations:
1. Make sure he knows how to take care of personal hygiene.
2. It would be really good if he knows how to snap and zip his pants by himself.
3. Winter coat zipping is a valuable skill. It is overwhelming to try to zip 150 winter coats in time for everyone to have recess. I have actually told kids to go home and practice.
4. Putting on gloves or mittens is just as valuable!
5. On the flip side of the coat and mitten thing, I think a kid needs to know that if he needs help, ask a grown-up.
6. If possible, let Caleb help pick out some of his school supplies. When my children were little, I bought double glue, crayons, etc., to have a set at home in case assignments needed to be completed at home, or just for times when the need to be creative was overwhelming.
7. That first day? Give him a hug, and get out of the building ASAP...with a smile on your face, even if it is forced. You will both have a better day!

Mandie Hamrick said...

Wow, I'm not even sending my children to public schools and what Kay ^ just said are wonderful tips. :)

Best of luck!

If it means anything, (and I doubt it will) I don't remember my first day of school and I don't know that many people who do. So, even if it goes horribly wrong, he won't remember. haha! My point is; make the best out of it.

Peach said...

I'm sorry about the phone call :(
I'm not even near my kids being in school and I'm already freaking out, lol.

Toots said...

You walk them to school, through the tunnel, then weep and sob, outloud, all the way home!
Love you tons, mama xoxoxoxo

Aaron said...

you may get other solicitations about joshua as time goes on, and i'm sorry. especially around birthdays, you may find stuff coming in the mail.

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission