HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Friday, March 11, 2011

Where Am I?

Right now I'm sitting in a hospital bed at a hospital in our town.

Last night, I asked Shane to take me to the ER. I was having some trachycardia (fast heart rate), tingly hands and feet, shortness of breath, and nauseousness (without any sort of strenuous physical activity).

After a battery of tests, the doctors aren't sure what is going on. They thought initially, it was something related to anxiety, but after giving me some medication to help with anxiety- my heart rate was actually accelerating. All tests to look at my heart itself have come back normal- no abnormalities or defects and no heart arrhythmias or murmurs.

After some careful consideration, the doctors decided to admit me for further testing and observation.

I continue to have elevated heart rates- often times going up to about 140-145bpm. I have an ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon to look for blood clots in my legs.

As soon as I know anything, I will update. In the mean time, prayers are much appreciated. 

Don't you wish you had my life?!

11 comments:

Beth W. said...

We are praying for you Jill. Focus on God and His peace. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING, through prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace which passes ALL understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

Unknown said...

Scary! Praying now...

Paula B said...

Praying for you. Thank you for the update from last evening. We have a busy weekend but if you need some help at all we will fit it all in just fine. All you have to do is ask - you or Shane. Love you!

BlessedMommy said...

Praying for you, Jill!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this Jill. I had tachycardia myself a few years back and it is indeed not fun. I hope the tests come back negative for clots and that you will be able to return home soon. Praying for you!

McEngland like the McCountry said...

I'm praying! I hope they find a cause and that it's a simple fix!

Jamie Roberts said...

Hope they get some answers for you soon! Praying for you :(

Joe said...

Praying for you Jill!

Young's said...

Hey Jill!
Sounds like a similar experience when I was hospitalized right after Christmas. I had tacychardia and my heart went up to 180 at times for no apparent reason. They did a CT scan (looking for clots) and a heart ultrasound...they never found anything either. I did buy a finger heart rate monitor that I carry with me so I can check my self and know when I need to rest. I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone and I am so sorry you are going through this.....it was for sure the scariest thing I have personally dealt with. One thing that they did find for me after doing blood work after the initial attack was that my phosphorus level dropped to almost 0 which is apparently at a paralyzing level. They said that was the reason I was probably weak and tingly and hot as well. Something to look into....I had to drink phosphorus drinks in the hospital the duration of my stay until my levels increased to normal. Praying for you always!

Beth Rivera said...

I'm praying for you, Jill! I had something similar happen to me about a month ago. I was just sitting around watching tv, when I noticed that my right pinky started getting tingly. Then it was in the rest of my arm. I freaked out because I thought I was having a heart attack. All my heart tests came back normal--my Dr. thinks I had my very first panic attack! Yay me! LOL. I hope you are able to get some answers soon. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I've stalked your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend, for the last couple of months, but I wanted to comment about this. I have tacychardia & have since I was young. The main thing that gets it going is stress, caffine & chocolate. I have not been on medication for it since I was young & still have episodes every now & then, but some deep breathing & relaxation seem to make it go away. Hope this helps. P.S. I stress constantly, still eat chocolate & drink caffine, just in moderation. :)

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission