HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Sunday, March 13, 2011

How Am I?

First, let me thank you all so SO much for the texts, emails, messages, and posts asking how I am doing and if I am feeling better. They have not gone unnoticed and they are VERY much appreciated.

I got out of the hospital around 5pm on Friday. I was released with a big fat question mark stamped on my forehead (ok, well not really, but I felt like it...) I left after close to 24 hours of being in the hospital with as much information that I came in with- High heart rate, shortness of breath, and a general feeling of blah. I was given instructions to follow up with my family doctor.

I was feeling alright, although still feeling run down and still feeling like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Then, on Saturday night, I started to experience some flu like symptoms (I'll spare you the details.) I woke up multiple times during the night and had sweat through my clothes.

I woke up this morning and was really feeling like death. I'm not sure if I had just a touch of some sort of virus, or if I ate something bad, or if I was just physically and mentally exhausted, but I could barely get myself out of bed. Shane and the kids went to church while I napped and then took a shower.

After my shower, I felt 100% better. I got some food in me, and felt like I had some energy back. I felt good enough to clean out our garage (whew...that project was stressing me out!)

So that brings me to tonight. I'm feeling crummy again. Shane and I are going to watch a movie and I'm hoping a little relaxing will help.

Thank you all so much for your love, concern, and prayers. You are all the best!


8 comments:

Dana Sears said...

Good to hear how you are doing, been a bit worried. Praying for you as always.

Dana

Heather and Adam said...

So glad to hear from you I've been worried. Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself!

Jessica said...

glad to feel you are feeling better. will pray for you to feel 100%

Teresa said...

Praying you improve and this is just a one time episode!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

My guess is it's the stress after Joshua that's wreaking havoc on your body. At different times after Evan was born and died, I'd just be lethargic. We're talking going to bed at midnightish and waking up at 3pm. I just couldn't do anything else! I'm not sure about the heart stuff but that sounds like total weirdness. :/

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Feel better real soon.

Anonymous said...

My husband had some of the same symptons last year- he thought he was having a heart attack, after much distress and worry (also lots of testing) he was diagnosed as having myocarditis--a virus which settles in your heart. He had no problems afterwards, just had to follow up with a few appointments with a cardiologists. Don't know if this is what you have but might mention it to the doctor. Can cause heart damage if not treated. Glad you're better-miss you on twitter--twitter name, luvssno

JEN said...

Did they check your heart? I developed Peripartium Cardiomyopathy at the end of my pregnancy with my first child, went into heart failure (high heart rate, feeling blah, flu like symptoms, everything you described) It's really rare, and treatable, but not if they don't catch it asap. I ended up in the ICU fighting for my life 2 weeks after I had my baby b/c no one believed me that it was more than the "oh honey, you are 24, you have never had a baby" etc crap the nurses told me. It's worth a simple echo to double check it, you are familiar with those I'm sure :/ Better safe than sorry, demand it. LMK if you want links about PPCM etc-odds aren't you don't have it, of course, but then again, better to be safe etc.

Also I don't think I've ever commented, but I'm also a fellow loss mama (and christian). My 2nd daughter died (of cardiac issues, ironically, though not related to my own) when I was 41w pregnant with her and in labor in 2007. I am so sorry for your loss and pray that God continues to bring hope and healing. In the midst of our loss, we free fell into God's arms, but doubted our lives could ever really be Good again. But He is faithful and the past 2 years have been full of redemption and starting to see His bigger picture for our daughter's short life. I won't bore you all with it here, this is long enough ;) LOL but feel free to check out my blog or website for more. Thoughts and prayers, mama. <3

JEN

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission