HomeFierce&FeistyJoshua's Broken HeartCongenital Heart DefectsOther Sites I love

Friday, August 13, 2010

Embarassing Pampering

One of my great friends, Molly, made a date with me today for lunch. She picked me up at 10 and told me she had a surprise gift for me. (we all know how much I LOVE surprises......) We headed to the "big city" for a few hours of fun and relaxation before the craziness of next week hits.

Little did I know that she was taking me to get a pedicure. (I'm just warning you, this post is going to show you how truly lazy I am when it comes to my looks....be warned!)

Now, if you know me, you know that I am, by no means, a girly girl. You will find me wearing sweats and a t-shirt before you will find me wearing anything else. I purposely grow my hair out so I don't have to do anything to it but throw it up in a pony tail (honestly, I don't think I have even combed my hair in about 2 months...after I shower, I just let it dry naturally after flipping it around a bit...it doesn't get tangled- no need to comb right?!). I bite my fingernails until they bleed, and I don't wear makeup- except for mascara. If you were to put a bottle of foundation or concealer in front of me, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I am NOT a girly girl at all.

Today was the first time in 26 years, (don't forget the fact that I was born in December of 1983) that I have gotten a pedicure. Yes, pathetic, I know....This was my very first pedi.

The poor guy that worked on my feet sure got a run for his money. That poor man scrubbed cheese grated my feet as best as he could. My friend's pedicure ended a good 20 minutes before mine did, if that tells you anything! yeah.....they were that bad.....

After he finished painting my toes, and sent me over to the dryer, he then came back over to me with a little package.


Yes, that's right....He gave me my own little scrubber and file....complete in sanitary packaging.....(now, if I could just figure out how to use them!!!)

Is that not embarassing?! I told Molly about the package and she made me take a picture in front of the building holding my newest tools.

At least now, the lucky person who holds my feet when I'm pushing won't have to hold rocks...instead they get to hold soft, cute, and pink swollen little piggies!



Thanks Molly for the great day, and the laughs about my crusty feet! I love you!



3 comments:

Amy said...

"You will find me wearing sweats and a t-shirt before you will find me wearing anything else. I purposely grow my hair out so I don't have to do anything to it but throw it up in a pony tail..."

OMG, that is so me too! When I get my hair cut, I tell them, "Do whatever you want, just leave me enough for a ponytail." I'm not kidding. The only time I wear makeup is if I have a meeting, and even then, it's only eyeliner, mascara, and a little lip color.

My only difference is that I love manis & pedis. Your pedi looks great. Awesome color!! I'm getting one this or next weekend. My feet are in dire need of attention :-/

kirsten said...

I am in desperate need of a pedicure. My feet are DISGUSTING and my feet will be showing at my baby shower this weekend. YIKES!!

I'm SO GLAD you got some time to be taken care of and pampered. Your toeses look adorable!!

The Cox Family said...

Love it! So glad Molly pampered you! I'm so the same way! I can be girlie sometimes, but I keep my hair long enough for a ponytail and I only wear mascara! I'm too lazy for anything else. If my husband didn't get on to me and my friends weren't so stinking cute that I have to keep up I'd live in jeans and a t-shirt! I do keep my toenails in check, but I don't paint them! Too much upkeep!

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© No content of this blog may be used or re-printed without written permission